Green (Living) Roofs and Façades
Think that living roofs and façades look great and are probably environmentally friendly, but don’t know where to start?
Worried that having a living roof or façade will add to the cost and maintenance of your building?
This 2-part training course will set the scene covering the benefits of and barriers to implementing a living roof or façade with a range of relevant case studies. This will be followed by more technical aspects such as the identification of suitable sites.
About the course
Delivered in 2 parts, this course is designed and delivered by the Welsh School of Architecture with speakers including Dr Vicki Stevenson and Gabriel Wapner-Carter.
Who should take the course?
This course is designed for architects and other built environment professionals
Using illustrated case studies covering the various classifications you will:
• Be given an overview of living roofs and façade classifications
• Find out how to assess a site for its potential
• Gain an in-depth look at the benefits and perceived barriers to implementation
Using case studies covering the various classifications, you will:
• Consider the economic, environmental and social targets you want to achieve from your living roof/façade
• Consider the technical design required to implement the scheme